- EGAD received its Florida Main Street designation in 2010 when vacancy on Highland Avenue was around 30 percent. EGAD has received a total private investment of $1.3 million between new construction and renovations of existing buildings and we have a demand for space and need development to create new space.
- The total public investment is well over $1 million, including streetscaping (bike racks, trash cans, benches, street banners, wayfinding signage).
- The creation of an Outdoor Museum that has installed over 30 murals through private donations that has attracted thousands of people traveling from as far away as China.
- EGAD is included in Brevard County’s top 12 places to visit.
- Over 20 new businesses have brought in over 100 new employees.
- Volunteers have devoted over 16,000 hours on EGAD initiatives.
- EGAD Main Street has been awarded over $20,000 in state and local grants and our program has received a dozen state main street awards
- and newly branded EGAD logo street banners
...and COMING SOON
- brand new street LED street lamps across Highland Avenue with
- brand new cafe lighting